5 Tips For More Traffic To Your Website
We all want more visitors to our websites and blogs, more visitors, more sales, more clicks, more of whatever it is your targeting. There are many ways to achieve this. Here are 5 quick tips for attracting more traffic to your site.
1. Yahoo Answers. This is a great way to get visitors to your website, by answering questions and being able to add your link at the bottom of your answers. Yahoo Answers is a valuable way to create back links to your website and get more visitors.
2. Commenting on other peoples blogs. Commenting on popular blogs does bring more visitors to your website. On most blogs they give you the chance to comment and leave your link back to your website. This is especially good if you run a blog that is the same subject as the one your leaving a comment on. This way you are getting more targeted visitors to your website.
3. I was going to write - Add your blog to directory's and search engines, but in my opinion there is no need to do this, specially not to search engines. The reason is that if you are writing good content on your site almost all the search engines will pick this up automatically, you do not need to submit your site, believe me, if your writing good content they will find you and add you to their results. Almost all the search engines do this, the only two that don't are Lycos and MSN. All the rest do.
4. Be active On Forums. This can bring some good traffic to your website. If you are a regular on say 5 of the top forums that are related to your blog or website subject people will check out your signature ( the links back to your sites that your allowed to have under every thread or reply you make on the forum ). I always try to start a few fresh threads or reply to other threads at least once a week.
5. Social Networking. Every time you write some interesting content you should submit it to places like Digg, Stumbleupon, and Propeller. This can bring quite a lot of traffic if you know how to advertise your story properly in terms of writing a catchy title and intriguing description that makes people want to know more. And because Social Networking websites mostly have good credibility and page rank, you are found in the search engines more frequently when you submit your story's to them.
So there you have it, 5 quick tips for bringing more visitors to your website. The most important one out of the 5 tips in my opinion is number 3. Trust me when i say this, if you write good original content you are onto a winner. I have a little boxing and self defense blog that i post to maybe twice a week. I have never added this blog to many places in terms of directory's or trying to get back links, but it gets many people visiting daily, this is because i write original content on this blog, and because of this that blog gets people linking to it because they can see the content is original and updated regularly. When you have good content webmasters will want to link to it, even use it as an RSS feed on their website.